2011 may have been the quickest year of my life. Seriously, I blinked, and it was over. This year was such a great one! Here are the
11 most memorable moments of 2011...in order!
- SNOW DAYS! We used 10 snow days last year and I loved it because they all happened right after my maternity leave ended. Snow days = more days at home with my baby!
- The first week of January last year I had to report to jury duty. Instead of regular jury duty, I was selected to be a member of the Grand Jury...once a month from January - June. I'm the weirdo that was actually excited! I wish I could be a permanent member of the Grand Jury. I loved it. It totally fits my nosy, criminal tv show-loving personality.
- Ben and I went to see my favorite country star, Brad Paisley! My good friend, Brad, puts on a great show. It was such a fun concert!
- I embarked on the adventure of baby food making when Grayson was about 6 months old. I really enjoyed making his food! He's so dang picky now & I miss the days when I could get him to eat those yummy vegetable and fruits!
- Grayson got to experience his first Spring Break! Not don't get all crazy, we didn't hit up Club La Vela, but we did have fun in Atlanta!
- Grayson became a master artist. No big deal.
- We spent a really fun weekend in Oxford! Grayson got to meet his Aunt Whit and Uncle Matt & see our favorite small town for the first time!
- I quit my job as a 1st grade teacher & became a stay at home mama at the end of the school year. Even though The Toddler can have his (terrible 2's) moments, I can honestly say that I have not once regretted my decision. I have made some great friends that also have little boys and I love spending so much time with Grayson. I love my my job title!
- I left the mid-twenties and entered into my late-ish mid-twenties when I turned 26! Gah, I'm getting old! Oh? And my husband got MAJOR brownie points for giving me the BIGGEST DOUBLE DOOZIE CAKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. oink.
- Ben made me do something on the 4th of July weekend that is so not me. Be spontaneous. Gets me all jittery just thinking about it. I'm a big time planner. We decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Oxford for the holiday weekend! Literally, we walked into Target, he said he wanted to go to Oxford, we made reservations for 2/3 of the dogs, packed, & 2 hours later we were on the road. I was a complete spaz (typical) but we had such a great weekend! My baby loves Oxford and that makes me happy.
- Ben and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on July 19! I love this guy more & more every day. I'm a lucky girl.
- We had our big Cheney family reunion in July! I look forward to this every 3 years. It was Ben's first time with my small family of 94 people and I loved that Grayson got to meet all of his aunts, uncles, and cousins!
- We learned in August that Grayson is NOT a beach baby. Not yet, anyways. sad face.
- I gave in to peer pressure and joined twitter. How did people communicate before blogs, facebook, HeyTell, and twitter?!
- Grayson went to The Grove for the first time! Yep, 3 visits to Oxford in 1 year! I hope we can keep this up. I didn't take G to the Ole Miss game, but he had a blast in the Grove. He looked so cute in his rebel wear!
- My sweet little newborn turned ONE on September 19! I learned that I am not a party planner but we still had a fun Sock Monkey bash!
- Mama got her hurr did. I went from blonde to brunette!
- Our child morphed into the cutest garden gnome you ever did see on Halloween! Best costume, ever. He also loved following his friend, Gray, house to house to go trick-or-treating!
- That cute garden gnome? He got quite the dramatic pout. He still uses the pout on a pretty regular basis and I still have to turn my head so I don't laugh.
- We found out we were having a BABY on Black Friday!
- We saw that sweet little baby yesterday...pretty good way to end 2011!
I am so excited for all of the fun & exciting things that 2012 will bring. A growing toddler who keeps me so busy AND a new baby this summer! Yep, it's going to be a great year.