Griffin, you are 2 months old!
Weight: 10.9lbs (20th percentile)
Height: 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Diaper: size 1
Clothing: all the newborn clothes have been put away! You are wearing all 0-3 or 3 month clothes. You are growing like a weed!
Eating: You are nursing every 3 (sometimes 4) hours during the day! You are starting to eat for a longer period of time so I think you're taking more in. The times you've had a bottle this month you drank 4-5 ounces. The prevacid has helped you so much! We thought you were having dairy issues so I cut that out at the beginning of the month. I tested it 2 weeks ago & you seem to be doing fine! I think you were just having reflux issues & you're doing so much better now that we changed your dose.
Sleeping: You are still not a consistent napper. You sleep a lot during the day but we aren't on a sleeping schedule yet. Some days you still sleep like a newborn -- all day long. Other days you have a few hours of awake time. We've tried the crib a few times to no avail. You aren't a fan & that's okay with me. You are sleeping in the Rock 'n Play sleeper in our room at night & have gotten much better about staying in there ALL night! Sometimes you still want to get in bed with us but I know that won't last forever! You usually eat for the last time around 8:00pm & then wake up to eat between 2-3am. You go right back to sleep (hooray!) until around 6.
Right now you are loving...
- your paci. It's official. You're obsessed.
- Lights & ceiling fans. You love to stare up at the ceiling and just smile!
- when people talk to you. You are starting to smile intentionally when mama and daddy talk to you & it is so sweet!
- being outside. We spend lots of time with Grayson outside & you are so happy just looking around. Especially at dusk...it seems to be your favorite time outside!
- the baby K'Tan. You are a snuggler & still fall asleep the second you're in the K'Tan!
- bath time. You are SO relaxed when you get a bath!
- looking at yourself in the mirror on your playmat.
Right now you are NOT loving...
- the hour between 7-8pm. Many nights this seems to be your witching hour...which also happens to be big brother's bath & bedtime.
- being in your carseat. You hate being in your carseat and you hate when the car stops moving. Picky, picky!
- sleeping in your crib.
Griffin, you are such a mellow & sweet baby. I swear, if I knew all babies would be like you, I could have 5 more. (just not 22 months apart. ha!) You're personality is starting to come out a little bit and you seem like you're going to be the laid back child.
You are always wide-eyed and smiley when you're awake. I live for those baby smiles...they are the cutest! You have also started really cooing a lot. It even sounds like you giggle sometimes. :) No matter where we go, people always comment on how pretty of a baby you are. It's true! You're a handsome little guy!
Griffin, you are so much fun & I love watching you grow & learn! These two months have gone by way too fast and I am soaking up all of your little baby-ness before you go & get big on me!
Happy 2 months, Griffin!
...and just because...