I live for the weekends. This one did not disappoint...but I will give a recap tomorrow! Kristy made a list that I liked today @ I Heart Hicks. (btw, if that link is wonky...then I give up!) She made a list of things that she is not good at...her Sucky List. Ha! So, here is my very own Sucky List:
- I am terrible at changing my contacts. I think they are supposed to last 2 weeks. Mine last way longer. B
- I am pretty organized at school...but at home, not so much. My organization consists of baskets. Those baskets just keep piles of stuff in them. Our mail basket is atrocious.
- I am terrible about keeping our bathroom clean. Nobody else goes in there so it definitely isn't my top priority. Makeup is messy. Baby=my hair falls out like a shedding dog. The bathroom is a mess. end of story.
- I am an awful runner. My knees are turned in, my hips pop constantly, and I just suck at running. I will brag and say I ran a 14 minute mile in middle school.
- I can't make good sweet tea. I just buy it at Publix.
- I don't know how to train a dog to save my life. I have 3 dogs. 2 out of 3 can sit. That's about it.
- I can't cook bacon without making my whole house smell like bacon grease for 3 days.
- If you look at the bar in our kitchen, it is constantly covered with my various crap. It never stays clear for a whole day. Right now I see shampoo & conditioner from the store today, a candle, Sophie the giraffe for G, a lakeshore catalog, a purchase order from my school, and keys.
- Hi. My name is Laura and I am a facebook stalker.
- I can't nap. Even if I am ridiculously tired I end up just laying in bed playing on my phone.
- I always wait til the last minute to get gas. I simply don't pay attention.
Look at what this big 5 month old has been practicing lately! Grayson loves sitting up all by himself...so much that he kicks and flails and makes himself topple over. That part he doesn't love so much.
I don't mean to brag...okay, yes I totally do, but when I went to my OB this past week (no, I'm not pregnant) I was informed that I weigh 11lbs less this February than I did last February! Holla! I also lost 2lbs when I weighed in at school on Friday for the Biggest Loser. I am so excited! This is the first time in a really long time that I have stuck to a plan and seen the results. I've lost 2 pant sizes and I get to wear things from my skinny closet--such a good feeling!
Now if only I could tighten up the belly a little bit. C-section mamas...how in the world do you do this?? I know it will never be the same...but I want the mom pooch to go away! I'm leaving you with my goal: newlywed Loma!
He woke up very happy this morning...he loves his monthly birthdays!
Slightly unsure of this weird new stuff at first. He loved the spoon and kept trying to grab it out of Ben's hand. He did much better than I thought with actually keeping the food in his mouth!
Overall, our first experience with solids was a success! It really helped hold him over an extra hour tonight. He goes to bed so early usually (6:15ish) and wakes up even earlier...this morning he was chatting in his crib at 4:45am! yikes. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that he sleeps through the night for 10-11 hours but I would love for him to stay up later and wake up a little bit later. I'm just a tired girl who thinks waking up at 5:00 is unacceptable! Wish us luck! :)
- I love watching Ben with his baby boy. He's totally in love with him and is a great dad. I also love watching G smile when his daddy walks through the door after work!
- I love that I have successfully given up diet coke. I really don't even crave it. I am now back to camel status since I am drinking atleast 2 liters of water a day!
- I love the way my clothes are fitting AND that I can go over to my "skinny closet" and actually wear some of the pants! It's a miracle!
- I love Teen Mom 2. It's a trainwreck that I can't look away from. "JENELLLLLLLE!"
- I love that I can get out the jogging stroller and enjoy our beautiful weather...gotta love the south in the middle of winter!
I love getting to spend my days with this little guy. We have so much fun playing, watching the crazy dogs (who by the way broke my hurricane vase in the entryway because the ran into my table...), talking, reading, and singing. His favorite is by far watching his pups. G loves his dogs!
I'm a lame blogger and got behind on Kristy's blog challenge. Sorry, Hicks! I'm killing 2 birds here with this one! The one I missed was all about your favorite celebrity crush. My heart gets giddy thinking about mine: Justin Timberlake. I have loved him since 8th grade. I was 13...um, that means I have had this celeb crush half my life! I'm a true fan because I even loved him during his horrible curly, awkward teen, jnco wearing days. (see below and laugh hysterically)
He is beautiful. If I met JT (yep, I shall call him that) I would probably turn in to a blubbering fool. I remember going to school one day my freshman year of high school and 3 of my besties (Alex, Lauren, & Carl) had brought me the *NSYNC board game...I was SO excited! We also got box seats and saw them in concert. Still one of my favorite shows to this day. The boy can dance. So there ya have it, my celeb crush. *sigh...*
Today's challenge is all about sweets! I have a major sweet tooth but am not an avid baker. When I found this recipe for caramel pie I had to try it because it looked SO easy. I made it before Christmas and it was a hit! Ever had the O'Charley's caramel pie? That's what it tastes like..yum!
Here is all you need:
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
1 graham cracker crust (I used chocolate)
1 container of cool whip
You boil the cans (minus paper on outside) for 3 hours. You have to keep an eye on it because the water will evaporate and you will have to add more. After the 3 hours is up, let the cans cool for a minute or two. Open them and then pour them in the pie crust. It will have turned in to caramel--genius! Refrigerate & then top with cool whip. Voila!
I'm still doing the blog challenge from I Heart Hicks. Today is all about a product that you love. One product that I am absolutely obsessed with and always have on hand is the Wallflower from Bath & Body Works. These are, hands down, the best plug-in air fresheners I have ever used. I am always paranoid about having a house that smells like a dog but these little guys work great AND they actually look nice. I love all the seasonal smells (pumpkin spice and Christmas tree-yes, please!) but my all time favorites are sensual amber and black amethyst.
He spun around bouncing, playing, and grabbing for about 40 minutes. I think it is safe to say he approves of the exersaucer.
G's newest trick learned at daycare is screeching. His new nickname at our house is Screech Powers...love me some Saved by the Bell! He just screeches like a bird. a lot. very loudly.
If I could visit once place it would be the home of these tasty little nuggets known as falafels...GREECE!
-I am wearing footie pajamas to work tomorrow. If that is not reason enough to teach first grade, I'm not sure what is.
-I am WAY behind on my dvr shows and it is really stressing me out.
-I can't stand Bachelor Brad. He's a goob and the girls are terrible. I swear if they take one more ride in a helicopter I will scream.
-Having a baby obviously makes everything different. Ever since I had Grayson I feel like I am so much more comfortable in my own skin. I truly don't care if people don't like me & I don't feel the need to stress about it or try to "fix" it.
-Kristy @ I Heart Hicks is bullying me (ha!) in to doing a Valentine's Day blog challenge that starts tomorrow. Feel free to join in on the fun by checking out her blog!