Having two kids 2 & under is no easy task. I still laugh at myself for thinking it would be. I was in such a great routine with keeping the house looking decent...and then I had a second baby. Now? There is no cleaning routine. You know those houses on Pinterest that look SO INCREDIBLY TIDY? Well, those pictures don't come from my house.
Real life for us right now looks a little like this:
- 4 dirty burp cloths on our coffee table.
- A gazillion trucks parked in our family room.
- Clothes drying on every single barstool. (Okay. They are dry and have still been sitting there for 3 days.)
- More dog hair on the floors than I care to think about.
- CRUMBS GALORE under the kids' kitchen chairs. Always.
- Probably 84082309 random toddler socks all over the house because G always has to "take my focks off" while playing.
- A disorganized bottle drying rack that takes up a ton of room on our counter.
- Approximately 27 pacifiers scattered throughout the house.
Sure, I browse Pinterest & think it would be AWESOME if my house could look perfectly clean & organized 24/7. Heck, it would be awesome for my house to get cleaned and actually stay clean for more than 30 minutes. However, this stage of life we are in is messy. It is loud. It's pretty crazy & can leave me pretty frazzled. But? It's also full of fun, love, and the sweetest little laughs. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Surely I will eventually miss that bottle drying rack & 749572 pairs of toddler socks all over the house, right?