Griffin, you are 8 months old!
Weight: Guessing between 15.5-16lbs
Height: probably about 26.5inches
Clothes: all of your 6 month shirts fit, but the pants are too short. I'm moving you to mostly all 9 month clothes!
Diaper: size 3
Eating: Griffin, one thing is for sure, you LOVE food! I'm crossing my fingers that this means you will continue to be a good eater. Right now you are drinking four 7 ounce bottles a day. I think we are about done with all of your pureed food! I am finishing up what I have made for you in the freezer & then we are just going to be doing finger foods. This month you finally figured out how to feed yourself! You love meal time & expect to get fed anytime we are eating. You eat 3 solid meals a day and usually 1 or 2 snacks. You've tried SO many foods and pretty much eat what we eat (wiithin reason). Your new favorites over the past couple of weeks have been quinoa, blueberries, kiwi, & turkey burger. The only food you don't love is butternut squash. You snack on crackers, cheerios, yogurt melts, frozen waffles (a favorite for your teething gums!), & mum mums. You have also learned how to feed the dogs from your booster seat & they love to sit right beneath you & catch all the food you drop!
Sleeping: You are sleeping from about 7:30-6:30/7:00 every night. However, that doesn't mean you don't wake up at all. You still cry a few times during the night and very rarely sleep 11 hours straight. Most of the time you will only cry a few minutes before you fall back asleep but sometimes it lasts longer. We only go in your room if you get hysterical. The main reason for that is because it take FOREVER to get you back to sleep when we try to rock you. You are one stubborn baby! Most of the time you sleep on your belly or your side; just like big brother did! You've also learned how to sit up in your crib...that's interesting! Every night you sleep with your monkey lovey & about a thousand pacifiers. You take 2 naps a day; 9-11 and 1-3.
- You can almost crawl. You've perfected the backwards crawl & are now working on moving forward. When you get frustrated, you just roll & roll & roll until you get to where you want to go! It's pretty funny!
- Learning how to pick up food and actually put it in your mouth. This has made my time during meals much more pleasant since I don't have to feed you AND myself. You seem to enjoy it, too!
- You have learned how to pull yourself up into a sitting position from your belly. It's still hard for you to do, but you figured it out about a week ago!
- You have figured out to really move in your walker! I really only use it while I'm getting meals ready & you just move all over the kitchen. Sometimes your big brother pushes you & you think that is pretty funny...and sometimes scary!
- You played in the sandbox for the first time a couple of weeks ago when it was warm outside and you LOVED it. This makes me happy since we're going to the beach in June!
- All dogs, especially yours. You just light up when you see dogs & love when they lick you. Gross, but true!
- Sitting in Grayson's bed with him after he wakes up. You adore your big brother & get so excited when he wakes up. You think he is so funny (he is) and watch his every move!
- Feeding yourself any kind of food!
- Being outside & going on walks in the stroller.
- Doing Patty Cake & clapping your hands!
- Being in the car for more than a few minutes--you hate being contained!
- when I take away your food...you get SO mad!
- our toy ball pit. I set it up since we are all getting cabin fever & you are terrified of sitting in it. It's pretty pitiful!
You have the best little personality & brighten our days! Griffin, you love to talk to us and I wish I knew what you were saying! You are a busy, busy baby and are always moving. I am a little nervous for when you are actually mobile! I think you will keep us on our toes! You are into everything & we have to really pay attention with all of G's toys out.
I can see with each month that passes you lose more of that baby look & start looking a little older. Your hair is starting to get longer, thicker, & really blonde! You still only have 2 bottom teeth but I think you are working on some more. I'm savoring your gummy smiles!
You know I love a good comparison picture. Grayson & Griffin at 8 months old. Grayson's hair was so much longer & he already had 6 teeth! He had also just started crawling. Griffin looks so much smaller than G to me! They still look so much a like but I see more differences as Griffin gets older.
Happy 8 months, Griffin! You are such a sweet baby & we love you more than you know!