Griffin, you are now NINE months old!!
Weight: 17lbs 12oz(5th percentile)
Height: 27 3/4 inches (25th percentile)
Clothes: 9 month & some 12 month clothes -- you finally had a little growth spurt! You are wearing mostly 12 month pajamas for the length.
Diaper: graduating to size 4 this week!
Eating: You are still LOVING meal times! You are still drinking four 7-8 ounce bottles a day. You could probably go longer because you never seem hungry for a bottle. You are eating only table food now & I love it! Watching you try new foods is so fun. You get so excited about eating & shovel food in your mouth so fast. It's hilarious! Your absolute favorite food is blueberries. I'm pretty you could eat a whole Publix container of them in one day. You are eating meats now on a regular basis & love chicken! I've been documenting your eating adventures (mostly because I want to remember!) on Instagram under #griffsgrub. You make some funny faces while chowing down! You are eating 3 meals a day and usually 2 snacks. You are also learning how to drink water from a sippy cup & have already mastered the straw. Smart boy!
Sleeping: YOU ARE FINALLY SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT CONSISTENTLY. (knock on wood.) Phew. It only took about 8 1/2 months! ha! You are taking 2 naps a day & sometimes you try to fight them like crazy! I spend a lot of time rocking you before naps. You go to sleep around 7:30 & typically wake up around 6:30. We surround you with pacis & you can now find them when you need them. That was life changing. Not even kidding! You recently started standing in your crib...so, that's interesting!
Firsts this month:
- first boo boo. You were crawling outside and slipped on the sidewalk. Your little face hit the pavement and it was the first time I saw blood on you. It was pitiful!
- Pulling up on things (music table, train table, activity cube)
- CRAWLING! You are a full time speed crawler now & probably crawl about 2 miles total daily. You are busy.
- we took our first solo road trip to Georgia! Let it be known that you despise the car.
- Sadly, you got into your first car accident on your actual 9 month birthday. Thank the Lord that it wasn't serious & we were both fine! It did scare you though!
- You are really starting to talk more. You are saying "Da da da" & "Ba ba ba" a lot. I have no idea what you're saying, but you talk a lot more now!
- Clapping! You don't do it on command yet, but you will randomly clap your hands and it's the cutest mathing I've ever seen!
Right now you are loving:
- eating anything and everything.
- crawling like a mad man all over the house & yard.
- walking while holding on to someone's hands.
- Dogs! You spot them a mile away and just light up!
- "talking" to us.
- holding hands while you fall asleep.
- being outside - just like your big brother!
Right now you are NOT loving:
- long car rides.
- when Mama leaves the room.
- being contained -- we packed up all the toys that held you in!
Griffin, I give you a hard time a lot about how high maintenance you can be, but you really do have the best disposition. People tell me that all the time & they always ask if you're always this happy. You smile & giggle all day long. The only time you get cranky is when you're sleepy. We came back from Georgia and you had an ear infection. Even when you were sick & feeling bad, you were still acting happy! This month has been so much fun watching you learn so many new things. You watch everything your big brother does & want to chase after him already! I don't blame you; he's pretty fun. You are such an explorer already & I really have to watch you. You tried crawling up the stairs this morning! You are a busy, busy boy who is always on the move. Maybe that is why you are sleeping so well now!
It's hard for me to believe that 9 months have already passed & that we are already starting to plan your 1st birthday. I want to bottle up this age because I just love it so much. Griffin, we can't imagine our lives without you. That sweet gummy smile (still only 2 teeth!) makes every day brighter. I love how you love Grayson & seeing you 2 interact makes my heart feel like it may explode. It is so sweet!
Happy 9 months, Griffin! We love you!