Griffin, it is your half birthday today! You are 6 months old!
Weight: 14.14lbs - 5th percentile
Height: 25.63in - 15th percentile
Diaper: size 2 in Pampers & size 3 in others
Clothes: all 6 month
Eating: We have successfully made it 6 months breastfeeding! I'll be honest, I would have never thought this would be the case...but I'm pretty proud of us! You are eating every 4 hours during the day. You nurse 3 times and then get a bottle before bed. This month you have also been eating real food! I'm making you some purees but we are also doing somewhat of a baby-led approach. You LOVE eating soft chunks of fruit (bananas, steamed pears, & fresh peaches) but you hate touching it. That pretty much goes again baby-led weaning. OH WELL. We're rule breakers, I guess. Grayson was our extremely messy eater & you seem to be a pretty clean eater. So far you have had: bananas, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, peas, peaches, asparagus, beans, fried rice (ha! you LOVED it), oatmeal, & other various things we have eaten. You like to try lots of our food--I'm hoping that means you won't be a picky eater!
Sleeping: You have slept through the night one time. It was glorious. Every other night? Phew, we are up at least 2 hours. Lately you have been sleeping from about 7:30-2:30. That seems to be the time you always wake up. We've tried letting you cry it out but one night you went two whole hours! Child, you are stubborn. We'll rock you & you typically fall back asleep but we have a hard time putting you back in your crib. You pop those eyes open as soon as you lay down! Many nights you end up in our bed around 4am just so we can get some sleep. In a nutshell? Your mama is the most tired she has ever been. It's a good thing you are seriously cute! You are getting better at naps. You take 2 naps a day. The morning nap is almost always your guaranteed long nap. Usually you sleep for 2 hours. The afternoons are hit or miss. Sometimes you will take a 2 hour nap & sometimes you only sleep for 30 minutes.
Firsts this month:
- You started sitting in the shopping cart like a big boy! This has made grocery shopping about 100x easier! You love looking all around the store & checking everything out.
- You are sitting in the tub without a baby seat! You & Grayson are now taking real baths together and you think it is SO MUCH FUN. Now you get to play with all the bath toys!
- You began eating a lot more food. You're a great eater!
- You had your first trip to the hospital when we had to get an ultrasound done on your head. We're thankful your head is perfect!
- You are now a rolling machine. You've been a lazy roller for about 2 months but now you roll all the time. However, at night you sometimes get stuck on your belly and FREAK OUT.
Right now you are loving:
- Your paci. (duh.)
- Your new big boy carseat!
- Sitting up and playing with lots of toys
- the music in your crib
- playing with Grayson
- watching the dogs
Right now you are NOT loving:
- sleeping in your crib all night
- waiting for food in between bites...impatient boy!
- having your nose sucked out -- it makes you scream!
Griffin, I really can't believe that you have already been a part of our family for 6 months. You are growing up so fast! You have such sweet, smiley eyes. People compliment you everywhere we go about those big blue eyes! Despite the fact that you don't sleep well, you are such a happy baby. You are very laid back and just smile & laugh all day long. You & Grayson are interacting a lot more these days and it's so fun to watch. He just loves his "Baby Giffin" and you adore your big brother! He can always make you smile and laugh.
Griffin, we love you SO much! Happy half birthday!