Oh, this boy...
it's a good thing he is so cute. That sweet & innocent little boy is responsible for me losing sleep over the last 6 months. I'm honestly not sure how Griffin stays so happy because he has only slept through the night once.
Yep. ONE TIME IN ALMOST 6 MONTHS.
I never understood those people who talked about how their babies just didn't sleep.
HA. HA. HA.
Joke is on me. I understand now! Griffin is so inconsistent with his sleep. We started Moms on Call before Christmas and he was doing a pretty good job until he got that awful sickness. I think ear infections + bronchiolitis broke him.
When we let him cry it out, sometimes he will fall back asleep. Other times? Well, he gets SO worked up that he starts hyperventilating and can't catch his breath. Obviously we go get him if this happens. In a nutshell, Griffin just isn't a fan of sleeping for more than a few hours at a time and prefers hanging out with his mama & daddy.
I'm surviving these days on coffee. I would prefer an IV drip but a cup from the trusty ol' Keurig will have to do. I swear the major lack of sleep is causing me to lose my brain. Here are a few examples:
- I have walked out of our house multiple times without closing the door. Know what happens when I do that? ALL 3 DOGS ESCAPE. Talk about a nightmare.
- I took Grayson to school AND went to the pediatrician wearing 2 different shoes. I wish I were kidding. One blue converse & one gray. Who does that??!!
- Get ready to cook dinner (on a pretty regular basis) only to realize that the chicken is still in the freezer.
- Walked around for an entire day wearing my shirt inside out.
- Peanut butter has ended up in the freezer & deli meat has ended up in the pantry. Oops.
I have officially joined the ranks of Zombie Moms. I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead!