Griff, you are 5 months old today!
Weight: 13.4lbs at his sick appointment on Monday
Height: no idea, but he is definitely longer! At least 25 inches.
Clothing: either 3-6 month or 6 month clothes
Diaper: size 2
Eating: We just got you on a 4 hour schedule a couple of weeks ago! Finally! It makes the day so much easier to schedule now. We are still breastfeeding & going strong. I'm pretty proud that we have made it this far! You are nursing 3 times during the day & get a bottle at night before bed. Of course, you've been really sick for the past week and our schedule is completely off. Hopefully we will be back to our normal 4 hour routine again soon! We've introduced you to solids this month. We tried rice cereal & oatmeal right after your 4 month well visit. Last week I started doing purees. You've tried pears, carrots, & apples and have loved them all!
Sleeping: This is actually kind of a funny topic. Funny if you are sleep deprived, anyway. I got desperate about 2 weeks ago & bought the Moms on Call online seminar. You were waking up every hour & it was making me a crazy person! After watching that & talking to one of our pediatricians, we decided it was time to let you cry it out at night. The first night was horrible. I cried, too, buddy. But, within 2 days you were a rockstar & were sleeping 10-11 hours all night without nursing. The funny part? Well, after 5 days of that you got your first ear infection & an awful respiratory virus. All that sleep went out the window. BUT, we will get there again. :) When you are healthy, you are taking a 1-2 hour morning nap, a 1-2 hour afternoon nap, & a cat nap in the late afternoon.
Firsts this month:
- You sat in your high chair for the first time! Now I don't have to worry about you sitting up in your lamb seat & leaping out!
- You started sitting up ALL BY YOURSELF about 10 days ago. I was so surprised! You are so little & it looks ridiculous to see you sitting...you are a strong little peanut!
- You ate your first solids this month.
- Yesterday you sat in a highchair at a restaurant for the first time! You were not very impressed.
Right now you are loving:
- the infamous paci. shocker.
- eating pears
- trying to drink water out of my cups. He is actually pretty good at that!
- grabbing your toys
- reading books (and trying to chew on them)
- your big brother. He is your favorite!
- the dogs. You just started noticing them recently & they make you smile and laugh!
Right now you are NOT loving:
- your infant carseat. No worries, Griff. We are moving you to a new big boy seat very soon!
- being sick. You have been SO pitiful for the last 7 days. It was so sad. I'm glad our happy boy is back & you are on the mend!
- the nose sucker.
My sweet little Griff, I can't believe how big you are. I constantly go back and look at pictures of you as a newborn and it blows my mind how much you have changed already. You are such a smiley boy & have the most easy going personality. You make our days a little brighter! I think you have the sweetest eyes & you get compliments on them wherever we go. I love watching you learn & discover new things everyday. You are such a joy!
Happy 5 months, Griffin!