1. Last night Griffin decided that he was an artist. I walked to their room & saw green crayon ALL over the place. He had decided to draw and practice his "G" on the bedroom door, the wall, AND the carpet. He claims Cheney helped and that she drew a dog. He is so mischievous! As crazy as it made me, I was pretty impressed with his "G."
2. I made play dough for my preschool this week. I feel like a legit preschool teacher since this was my first time to ever make it! It was SO easy & the texture wasn't sticky at all. I don't think I will ever buy it again! Here is the recipe I used:
1 cup of water
1 tbs vegetable oil
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of cream of tarter
1 cup flour
food coloring/tempera paint
Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tarter, and food coloring or paint in a saucepan. Heat until warm. Don't boil, just get it warm and blended.
Remove from heat and add flour.
Stir & then then knead until smooth. I even added some Wild Orange from my doTerra stash to make it smell good!
3. I found a new show that I really like! I am pretty random with what I watch. My favorites are Law & Order SVU and the Chicago trilogy. I love Tuesday and Wednesday night tv! We finished Making a Murderer a few weeks ago and were obsessed. Now I am loving Mercy Street on PBS. You heard that right. PBS. It's about a Civil War hospital in Virginia & I am liking it so far!
4. I don't have a picture for this one & I apologize for that. However, I wanted to share the recipe for the Buffalo Ranch Ritz Cracker chicken we had this week! We ate it too fast to snap a picture...that means it was a winner! Here is the recipe:
Mix 1/4 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce and 1/4 cup of your favorite ranch. Coat chicken strips in that mixture & then coat them in crushed Ritz crackers. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes.
Ben LOVED these & he doesn't say that about many things. I did just ranch for the kids and they gobbled them up, too! They both said I make really good chicken. Getting food compliments from super picky preschoolers is tough, so I will definitely make these again!
5. Speaking of recipes, I found a new place to hunt for them: SkinnyMom.com
My co-teacher just started using this meal plan but they have tons of healthy recipes on their website too! I'm excited I found a new resource for dinner ideas!