Griffin, today you are 1 month old! Some days it feels like we were just meeting you for the first time yesterday & other days it is hard to remember life without you in it. This month has definitely flown by!
Weight: 9 lbs. You are still 1 ounce smaller than your big brother was at birth! Right now you are in the 30th percentile for weight.
Height: 21 inches
Diaper: you wore newborn diapers for the first 2 1/2 weeks & are now in size 1
Clothes: almost all newborn clothes. A few of your newborn footie pajamas are a little too short but the 3m ones are still pretty big on you!
|please note the pout in this picture. Heaven forbid I take the paci away for a few minutes! Baby boy can already work that lip!|
Eating: Griffin is a great eater! We are still having success with breastfeeding & that makes mama and baby happy. You are just like your brother in the fact that you love to snack. You are nursing every 2 hours during the day but you don't usually eat for very long. At night you are eating every 3-4 hours. We have given you a bottle a couple of times & you have only taken a few ounces. I'm so curious to know how much you are taking in, but, you're gaining weight so I'm not worried!
Sleep: You are still in that sleepy newborn phase that we never experienced with your big brother. You sleep most of the day with little wakeful periods here & there that last maybe 30 minutes. During the day you either nap in your Rock 'n Play sleeper, in my arms, or in my baby carrier. You still aren't a wonderful night time sleeper. That seems to be when you have tummy problems. You will usually sleep half the night in your Rock 'n Play sleeper & the other half in bed with us. You are such a snuggler & love being near your mama to sleep! You do not like to be swaddled & love to have your arms free.
Right now you are loving...
- bath time! As soon as you are in your baby tub you get all relaxed. You almost fall asleep! We have given you and Grayson baths together a few times and he thinks it's fun to help bathe you. Y'all will have a blast in the tub once you get bigger!
- being in the Baby K'Tan. You love to be worn. As soon as I put you in the sling you calm down & usually fall right to sleep. This makes my life so much easier!
- being held. You are definitely a snuggly baby!
- your paci. For this I am thankful. (remind me of this in 2ish years, okay?)
Right now you are NOT loving...
- your carseat. This tends to be an issue considering Grayson & I like to go places. You scream in the car about 75% of the time. Hopefully you will grow out of that?!
- laying flat to sleep. We tried you in your pack 'n play a few times & you were not a fan. You love that incline on the Rock 'n Play sleeper!
- having your diaper or clothes changed. This is pretty much the only time when you scream. You kick like a wild man when we are changing your diaper!
You have had some tummy issues this month. I took you to the pediatrician when you were 3 weeks old & just like your brother, you have acid reflux. Prevacid seems to be helping & thankfully it doesn't seem as bad as Grayson's! You are a super gassy baby & have tummy aches mostly late at night. You act so miserable & it makes me so sad! I know it's probably just because your are so young...I hope you grow out of that soon!
Happy 1 month birthday, Griffin!